Medium Rigid Truck
Upgrade your licence to benefit from greater flexibility and opportunities for employment and diversity within your career.
To apply for a light rigid (MR) licence you must meet all of the following:
- Pass a rigid heavy vehicle theory test at an MVR office
- Pass a competency test with an authorised heavy vehicle driving examiner.
- Hold a Northern Territory (NT) drivers licence
- Have held a class C driver licence for at least 12 months
- You must be able to drive a manual vehicle.
Heavy Rigid Theory Test
To obtain your Medium Rigid Licence (MR) you need to successfully pass a Heavy Rigid Theory Test at any Northern Territory Motor Vehicle Registry Office.
The theory test has 30 questions selected randomly from a question bank containing over 250 questions.
You must score a minimum of 26 out of 30, to successfully pass the theory test.
The test confirms your knowledge of the following:
- General road rules that apply to all drivers
- Specific rules that apply to heavy vehicle drivers
A great way to prepare for the knowledge test is to revise the following documents closely;
Your practical training will take place in an MR vehicle that is loaded to 75% of its GVM.
You will learn how to operate the vehicle safely and efficiently in a variety of real world traffic conditions and situations.
Your assessment will be recorded and conducted over a minimum of 90 minutes of practical driving.
Lessons per package: 1
- Professionally Structured Curriculum
- Flexible Online Scheduling
- SMS Text and Email Reminders
- Pick Up and Drop Off
- Training (Up to four hours)
- Assessment (90 minutes)