Back on Track (Drink/Drug Driver Education)
About the Program
The program is designed to provide participants with factual information about the effects of Alcohol and Other Drug use and the direct impact it has on themselves, their families and the broader community.
Participants are required to reflect on their attitudes and behaviours around Alcohol and Other Drugs and driving.
The program is based on the latest clinical research and incorporates best practise approaches to promote positive change within participants.
The full program is delivered over two days.
Duration is dependant on whether participants are required to complete only:
- Unit One
- Unit One and Two.
The number of units required are mandated by law.
Key learning outcomes include:
- Understanding the physical, social and emotional impacts of Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) and standard drinks
- Understanding the legal issues that relate to the misuse of alcohol and other drugs
- Develop effective personal strategies to avoid Drink/Drug Driving in high risk situations
- Assist participants consider the consequences of their behaviour in their own life and of others
- Understand and develop self-awareness around dependancy behaviours
- Provide information about other complementary alcohol and other drugs support services
Our facilitators are highly experienced and professional Alcohol and Other Drugs Educators, Qualified Driving Instructors and MVR Examiners.
They have worked extensively throughout the Northern Territory delivering training in regional, remote and very remote communities.
Participants are required to be breath tested each day of the course and record a 0.00% BAC.
Successful completion of the course requires full and engaged participation in all activities and to demonstrate a willingness to create positive change.
Back on Track is delivered to cities, towns and communities across the Top End, including:
- Groote Eylandt
- Daly River
- Timber Creek
Price: DARWIN: $300 - $380 KATHERINE :$350 - $430
Lessons per package: NA
- Unit 1 - Back on Track
- Unit 2 - Back on Track
- Light Refreshments
Driver Training ProgramsMedium Rigid Truck Light Rigid Truck Back on Track (Drink/Drug Driver Education) Practical Driving Test Drive Safe NT Alive at 25 - Defensive Driver Training Keys 2 Drive Casual Lesson Corporate Driving Assessments Learn to Drive Plus Program Learn to Drive Program Compare all Packages