Drive Safe NT
A Northern Government initiative to provide young Northern Territory drivers aged 16-25 years of age with the skills, knowledge and experience required to be a smarter, safer driver on our roads.
Delivered over a minimum of six months.
Must be between the ages of 16-25 years of age and have successfully enrolled in the Drive Safe NT Program with the Northern Territory Motor Vehicle Registry.
Drive Safe NT comprises:
- Two (2) Learner Theory Sessions
- Ten (10) subsidised practical driving lesson vouchers with In Gear Australia
- One (1) First@Scene Online First Aid Course
- One (1) Practice Driving Assessment
- One (1) Provisional Driving Test, including all necessary licensing fees.
Note: it does not include vehicle hire. If using In Gear Australia’s vehicles for the provisional licence driving test, a separate hire fee applies.
Training and Assessment
Practical training occurs through structured individual practical driving lessons.
Each driving lesson is structured to the individual needs of the learner whilst working toward achieving the twenty-three (23) practical competencies required under the Drive Safe NT program framework.
Assessment is ongoing and cumulative throughout the program.
Students and parents receive detailed feedback on their technical driving abilities as well as their attitudes and behaviours towards road safety.
Learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate the confidence and maturity required to drive a vehicle safely and independently.
- Achieve all of the practical competencies required under the Drive Safe NT Program
- Pass their driving test to achieve their Provisional Driving Licence
Lessons per package: 10
- Professionally Structured Curriculum
- Flexible Online Scheduling
- SMS Text and Email Reminders
- In Gear Australia Comprehensive Reporting
- Pick Up and Drop Off
- MVR Test Fee
- MVR Licence Fee